Save up to CHF 800 when booking through eduwo. Only for a short time.

Select language
Icons/Ico-Search-WhiteCreated with Sketch.

for Comparison added

Hintergrundbild des Studienbereichs Tourism and Hotel Management

Tourism and Hotel Management

Tourism and hotel management is all about contact with people, the different languages and travel. Tourism takes care of the development of offers for local and/or foreign guests. The tourism industry is also closely related to the travel industry, including, for example, travel agencies. The hotel industry is also a part of the tourism industry. During your studies you will get to know various business basics (e.g. finance and accounting, marketing, product development), deal with the tourism modules and foreign languages and communication also play an important role. During the study there is a great practical relevance and depending on the place of training you have to do an internship. 

Most popular continuing education courses in Switzerland

What are the main focuses?

During their studies, students are taught business fundamentals such as accounting, marketing and product development on the one hand, and tourism modules such as e-commerce, events, leisure, sports or sustainability on the other. Foreign languages and communication also play an important role.

How long does the education or training take?

For a bachelor's degree, the training takes around 3 years in full-time study; part-time training takes correspondingly longer.

For continuing education, the duration can vary greatly. If you want to do a CAS Tourism, the duration is around 6 months. If you attend a HF, the training takes around 2-4 years.

What are the admission requirements?

For admission to a bachelor's program, you need a vocational baccalaureate, a baccalaureate from a grammar school or a specialized baccalaureate. Depending on the university of applied sciences, you also need study-specific practical experience in the form of a 12-month work experience. The recognition of practical experience should be clarified with the respective educational institution. With a diploma from a recognized higher technical college in the occupation-specific field, you will be admitted without an examination in most cases.

In the case of continuing education courses, several years of professional experience are usually required for admission, and in certain cases a university degree must also be presented.

Vocations and careers after graduation

Graduates of this major can work in business, advertising, and public services, and are concerned with the economic aspects of leisure and tourism.

Wage after studies / training

In Switzerland, the average salary is around CHF 65,000 to 85,000 per year. This can vary depending on the industry, company and work experience. 

Where can I get training or further education?

Students who want to study at a university of applied sciences can attend, for example, the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Graubünden or the University of Lucerne. If you want to go to a university, the University of Lausanne and the University of Italian Switzerland also offer such studies. 

If you want to do further education in the travel or tourism industry, the University of Bern, the University of Applied Sciences Kalaidos, the Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences and the University of Lucerne, among others, offer various courses. There you can, for example, continue your education as a tourism specialist.

Enter the desired duration

Enter a budget

Icons/Ico-Search-WhiteCreated with Sketch.