zum Vergleich hinzugefügt
Master in International Tourism
Dieses Profil ist aktuell
Die Angaben wurden kürzlich geprüft
CHF 2'000.- per semester for applicants whose official residence was in Switzerland (including Liechtenstein) at the time of the final high school exam (Maturità).
Beginn des Studiengangs
USI has two cafeterias, one on the West Campus and one on the East Campus
Sports Service: over 50 weekly courses and a Gym at complete disposal of all students
The formal requirement for admission to the Master in International Tourism is a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Communication Sciences, Political Science and International Relations, Transportation Science, Social Sciences, Language and Literature, Tourism, or other related fields, granted by a recognized university.
To guarantee the optimal ratio between learners and the Master in International Tourism faculty, the places offered are limited. Therefore, selection can be affected on the basis of academic results. Admissions will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
For Bachelor's degrees obtained in Switzerland, USI accepts Bachelor's degrees from recognized Swiss Higher Education Institutions (Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences) listed by Swissuniversities.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree granted by a recognized University of Applied Sciences – in Switzerland the so-called ’Fachhochschule’ (FH) – may be admitted.
In this case, candidates need to obtain 30 additional ECTS during the Master in International Tourism in elective courses that they can freely choose from all Master level courses in English offered at USI.
Admission to English-language graduate-level (Master) programmes at USI requires a good command, or advanced knowledge, of the English idiom. Non-English native speakers applying for the Master, or whose previous degree was obtained in another language than English, are required to provide an internationally acknowledged language certificate equal to the B2 level (IELTS 5.5), as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for language learning (CEFR), or equivalent (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.).
Students admitted on the above-mentioned condition must achieve a C1 (IELTS 7.0) competence in English within the maximum time required to obtain the Master's degree. The level can be certified either by attending a language course offered at USI during the Fall and Spring semester, and by taking the final exam, or by providing an internationally acknowledged language certificate.
A complete list of the accepted English language certificate is available at https://www.usi.ch/en/education/master/admission.
Über den Studiengang
The Master in International Tourism seeks to respond to this challenge and offers a program that goes beyond the limited focus of professional masters courses, proposing instead a transversal and multidisciplinary approach at a university level.
The International Tourism industry needs skilled and creative managers who:
- Understand how to tackle sustainability challenges of tourism impacts on societies,
- Master various ways of critical thinking needed for solving complex problems,
- Change quickly between perspectives of tourists, residents, and service providers,
- to create a sustainable future of travel and tourism.
Would you like to master:
- Communication and business skills specifically applied to the international tourism industry?
- Cutting-edge tools to successfully interact in an ever more digital tourism environment?
- The intercultural sensitivity needed for a high-level career in the globalized tourism market?
Highlights of the USI Master in International Tourism program
- Gain practical hands-on experience in tourism at a university level
- Various labs, applied team projects, international study trips, participating in international conferences on e-Tourism and Corporate Travel, Study Tour week to a European city destination, tourism internship, company visits, Tourism Capstone Project
- Sharpen essential interdisciplinary & soft skills
- Acquire toolkits of Economics, Communication Sciences, and Management, specialize yourself during your Minor in eTourism or Minor in Sustainable Management, the World Challenges Programme, a semester abroad at one of our selected partner universities, train your intercultural communication skills every day
- Grow personally and professionally thanks to direct & individual support
- Small intercultural classes (< 30 students), individual attention of professors, support to participate in tourism award competitions, learn directly from our distinguished International Tourism Alumni in the Tourism Career Lab, dedicated Career Service
- Develop your talent with international expert Faculty & leading tourism practitioners
- Tourism professors from all over the world who come to Lugano to teach your courses, guest lectures by leading Swiss and international tourism experts, direct access to the Swiss business community of tourism professionals
- Excellent career placement records
- 92.9% of USI graduates are employed within 1 year after graduation.* The Master in International Tourism equips you for a high-level career in the International Tourism industry within Destination Management & Marketing Organizations; Transportation & Accommodation companies; (Online) Tour Operators; Event Management & Conferences; Corporate Travel Management; Tourism Research & Consultancy; Governments, NGOs, and Tourism Industry Associations.